Mini Banana Cream Pies

Let's just say I had a bit of a kitchen fail tonight. I was excited to share a recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough dip, but it turned out it tasted like cream cheese and nothing like cookie dough. So after dumping it down the drain I was determined to make something delicious. I made this pie once before and it didn't even last 24 hours in my fridge (banana cream pie is my dad's favorite).

This is a super easy recipe, not to mention incredibly delicious. Before making this I had never had banana cream pie, I wasn't sure I would even like it! But my friends and I ate every last bite. Because it was a last minute decision, I was a little short on pie crust and vanilla pudding so I decided to make four mini pies instead of one big one, plus they're adorable.

Pie Crust:
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoon sugar

Filling:
1 pack vanilla pudding mix
2 cups milk
2 ripe bananas
1 cup powdered sugar
1 pack cream cheese (8 oz)
1 pack whip topping (8 oz)



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. To make the graham cracker crust, mix graham cracker crumbs with 1 cup of butter or margarine and 3 tablespoons of sugar. After the ingredients are combined, press the mixture into a 9 inch pie pan (or in my case small individual soufflé dishes). Put them in the oven for 8 minutes, then transfer them to the fridge to cool.


Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in 1 cup of whip topping.
Spread the mixture on the bottom of the each mini pie.
Cover this layer in bananas.

In another bowl combine vanilla pudding mix with two cups of milk. Whisk for two minutes and pour over bananas.


Cover with the rest of the whip topping and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment