Nutella Banana Purses

Picture this. It's Friday night, first weekend back at school and I have nothing to do. Absolutely, positively nothing. Picture my misery. You can almost hear my bitching from wherever you are reading this. Then suddenly I remember I bought the stuff to make nutella banana purses. It's now 10:30 and I'm thinking, "It doesn't get lamer than this, I mind as well bake."
I'm not going to lie, it's not my idea of the perfect Friday night but I was so, so incredibly wrong. Nothing could have been more perfect about last night thanks to these delightful little monsters. I'm not going to say I ate four, but I'm going to say I didn't either.

You'd be suprised the amount of attention I got on my walk back to my dorm with these in my hands, a few bouncers at a bar along the way stopped to chat with me about them, after offering him one he declined, telling me he was "on a diet". I quickly decided I'm not interested in men who diet, or men who won't eat banana nutella purses, so I continued my journey and gave away the last few pastries I had, finishing my night happy and in some very stretchy pants.

1 sheet of puff pastry (or two if you're intense like me)
1 container nutella
2 bananas



This is the world's easiest recipe. I'm pretty sure I could've made these in the toaster oven in my dorm room, but since I had nothing else to do I took a walk to the dorms on campus with ovens.

Defrost puff pastry. I forgot this step and ended up watching the 90's hit Great Pretenders (anyone remember that?) while the sheets defrosted. Cut it into nine squares.


Cut the banana

Put a spoonful of nutella on each square and a banana on top of each.

Pinch the corners together to make them into little purses.
Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes. If you're like me and are heavy handed with nutella, this is what will happen when they start cooking. But don't fret they are still delicious even if they aren't pretty. 
On my second sheet of puff pastry I put less nutella, hoping they would look a little better. 
 Om nom nom.



0 comments:

Post a Comment